EL CARMEN DR. LUIS VALENTÍN FERRADA OF MAIPU, SANTIAGO DE CHILE
BOT (Built, Operate & Transfer). Design, construction and management for a period of 15 years (with the exception of health care services).
> Surface plot of land. 50,619 m².
> Built surface. 70,646 m².
> Hospital surface. 42,994 m².
> Total beds. 375
> Intensive care units. 30.
> Surgery rooms. 17.
> Car park spaces. 528.
> Architects. BBATS Consulting & Projects and Murtinho+Raby Arquitectos.
> Engineering and project. GSJ Solutions.
> Construction. SANJOSE Constructora.
> SANJOSE Concesiones y Servicios.
Infrastructure services. Water, energy, lighting, conditioning, pa system, medicine gas network, vertical transport, industrial equipment, non medical furniture.
Non health care services. Green spaces and landscape, cleaning, waste treatment, uniforms, cafeteria, security control, nursery, etc.
* Volcán Award 2016 - First Prize. Architecture Contest ”Volcán 100 years building a better Chile”.
* First hospital under concession regime in Chile together with the Metropolitan Hospital of La Florida Dra. Eloísa Díaz Insunza in Santiago de Chile.
* Both hospitals are also the first ones with roof gardens.
* First Award to Architectural Quality of Healthcare Building with surface over 5,000 m² (Best Hospital) at the International Hospital Council arranged by IFHE 2014 (International Federation of Hospital Engineering).
* Project awarded by the contest AADAIH - Domus 2009 for its contribution to environmental, social and economic sustainability within the healthcare sector.